For many years, the BCMA has had an agreement with Scotiabank to provide banking services to members.
The Scotia Professional Plan is a customized financial package designed to save both time and money for busy physicians. It includes everything you need, from getting though medical school to setting up and running a successful medical practice.
The banking services are available to all members, physicians in practice, salaried physicians, residents, and medical students.
Some of the features of the Scotia Professional Plan include:
• Competitive rates, such as a line of credit at prime.
• Low or waived service charges depending on the package.
• Flexible repayment terms, including deferment of principal payments for start-up practices, recent graduates, and parental leaves.
• Mortgages and loans at Scotiabank’s best available rates.
• Preferred merchant discount rates.
• No-fee ScotiaGold Visa card.
• Scotia OnLine financial services to manage your business and personal banking.
Scotiabank has many tools to help you improve your cash flow. For example, using your Visa card to pay for your monthly expenses (hydro, telephone) gives you another 21 days’ grace period to pay, freeing up cash you may need in the meantime. Scotiabank can also help you with a Visa merchant provider so you can bill for those services not covered under MSP, saving you time and money.
Scotiabank has an ongoing commitment to the professional community. Your needs as a Scotia Professional Plan customer are our first priority. To help create your customized financial package, contact me at 604 619-4699, or visit www.scotiabank.com/professional.
BCMA Scotiabank Specialist