Victoria Best Babies is a pre- and postnatal nutrition program that provides support to improve the health and well-being of pregnant women, new mothers, and babies facing challenging life circumstances. The program aims to improve maternal–infant health, increase the rates of healthy birth weights, and promote and support breastfeeding. The program also aims to promote the creation of partnerships in communities and strengthen community capacity to increase support for vulnerable pregnant women and new mothers.
What is included:
- Educational sessions.
- One-on-one support.
- Monthly food vouchers and Good Food Box produce.
- Prenatal vitamins and vitamin D drops.
- Baby food demos.
- Healthy snacks and lunches.
- Hospital tours and hospital preregistration.
- On-site access to a public health nurse, a dietitian, and a dental hygienist.
For more information, or to refer a patient to the program, contact Shonna at 250 381-1552 (ext.116) or Shonna@fernwoodnrg.ca.
This program is sponsored by Fernwood NRG with funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada.