Written by physicians, The Doctor Is In: Recommendations for Expanding In-person Care in Community-based Physician Practices, compiles official guidelines for opening community-based physician offices in a one-stop source of information. The document also provides insights and templates to help family physicians and specialists with community practices effectively implement changes resulting from the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions. It covers topics such as:
- What to think about before expanding in-person care.
- Preparing physical office space.
- Developing a safety plan.
- Building physician and staff wellness and resilience.
- Using checklists and a template to develop individualized plans.
The document will be updated as new information becomes available. It is accessible online, along with information on all COVID-19-related supports for physicians, at www.doctorsofbc.ca/working-change/advocating-physicians/coronavirus-covid-19-updates.